If you feel that it is not really practical to wear all white outfits in India, you are not alone. If you depend on public transport then you choose anything but white, you are not wrong. If you are curvy then, it’s a complete no-no for whites ! And if you are clumsy like me who spills anything and everything then it’s a great challenge to maintain and keep whites, looking white. There are probably million more reasons to avoid whites. Then why is it that we are still drawn to that color ?
One of the main reason is that they are timeless, versatile and require minimal effort to style, thus making it easier to take the outfit a notch higher.
I believe in ‘less is more’ when it comes to dressing up. And white does exactly that ! Probably that’s the reason my wardrobe has 40% of whites. Don’t get me wrong, I love my colors, brighter the better. I also think that black outfits can conquer anything, but whites hold a special place in my heart.
So, when it came to a white-on-white outfit, a classic white shirt was a no brain-er. I know that a white shirt looks fabulous on a pair of denims, teaming it up with a white skirt in embossed self color print took the game to another level. Adding a different shade of white always works, in my outfit I chose slingback heels in a brighter shade of white. Since I wanted to add some print in the same tone, I chose a world map printed sling bag in beige. I accessorized the outfit with a statement pearl necklace and dainty diamond stud earrings. For a little bit of color, I put on fuchsia lipstick and I was good to go 🙂
Few tips on wearing white-on-white :
- Mix up shades and patterns: Don’t stick to same shades of white, play with different shades like beige, off-white, stark white and ivory. Mixing up those shades will ‘define’ the pieces you are wearing.
- Mix up fabrics: Playing with different types of fabrics and textures is the brilliant way to make your outfit stand out. Mesh or lace top with white trousers, a plain white tee with white brocade pants, a satin camisole with culottes are few examples.
- Add pop of color: Just because you are going for all white outfit, you shouldn’t restrict yourself from adding a pop of color. Just make sure that it is in smaller dose like pink heels, a red clutch, a bright blue neck-piece or even lipstick and/or nail paint.
- Invest in quality key-pieces: Quality is better than quantity. Choose the perfect ivory blazer, a classic white shirt, a plain white tee which will never go out of style and you will be able to make good use of them in a long run.
- Accessorize: When in doubt, accessorize. It’s the fail proof way to add that extra dimension to your whole look.
- Add a sporty touch: Team up with White sneakers for that casual sporty look.
- Keep them crisp and clean: While wearing white, the most important thing to keep in mind is that they should be crisp and clean. Always wash them separately. If they are turning grey or yellow over a period of time then, use special detergent meant only for whites. Dry them in sun.
That’s about it guys. I believe this is the longest post of mine, till now. Hope you enjoyed it 🙂
Outfit Details :
White shirt: Mango
Skirt: Forever New
Sunglasses: Forever 21
Jewelry and Bag: Blingg
On my lips: ‘Glamor Fuchsia’ by L’oreal
On my nails: ‘Nude Skin’ by Maybelline colorshow
Photographs courtesy: Rohith Patil
Until next time,